Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Under Performs

Ok, so the Super Bowl didn't really seem like a game this year.  Yes there were two good teams that deserved to be in it, and yes the half time show was kinda cool (can't go wrong with throwback), and yes I ate like a starving Somalian that just had food dropped off by Sally Struthers.  However, the excitement of Super Bowl Sunday was just not there.  

I think the passion is gone.....I came to this conclusion this morning as I got my daily Sports Center fix.  During a interview with Tom Brady and several other players they just didn't seem all that upset about losing the game.....Yes they played a good game, but this is the championship of the WORLD man....show me some damn tears!  Or maybe it is all those other Super Bowl rings in your closet that just makes this a meaningless game.

In any case, if the fans are willing to come see teams play, pay thousands of dollars of their hard earned money in a down economy, and put up with pro athletes crazy ass salaries, then I expect to see some hard core passion.

In my mind passion includes: broken bones, a little bit of blood (not too much, a little squeamish), big ole' crocodile tears when you lose and a hint of turf toe with a smidgen of brain bruising just to put the cherry on top.  So to all the pro athletes out there, ENTERTAIN ME!

For all the millions of dollars you receive every year for endorsements and salary negotiations you should be willing to do what the fans want.  If that includes dressing up like a monkey and dancing around like a ballerina......DO IT.  I want to be entertained.  Anyone else in their right mind would put on a monkey suit in a second for a percentage of what Tom Brady makes in just one year.

So I want to call out all the Tom Brady's and Eli Manning's of the world.  Come play some kickball, where everyone is entertained and the crocodile tears flow freely.  I have seen more passion in kickball then I have ever seen in this years Super Bowl.    

No comments:

Post a Comment